Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Another 17 Films to Think About

Below I have listed the seventeen films I saw at Cinefest in Sudbury. Some I may have changed my mind about, but here is how they came out immediately after viewing.

Perhaps I was too hard on Bright Star. Most everyone else who saw it thought it was great, but when I sighed at the end and Sandra said to me, "You sighed because it was so wonderful?" I replied, "No, I sighed because I'm tired and glad it's over." It was so slow and I had no love for any of the characters. They were all tedious people.

Glad I saw these nine:
Sticky Fingers, Excited, J'ai Tué Ma Mère, Mid-August Lunch, Puck Hogs, Humpday, Cairo Time, Three Blind Mice, Unmistaken Child.

So so two:
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, The Coca-Cola Case.

I wouldn't recommend these four:
Year of the Carnivore, Je Me Souviens, Bright Star, Détour.

No comments:

Post a Comment